View Single Post
Old
11-13-2003, 05:16 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
ok fair enough...as long as you are acknowledging your prospects are in the same boat. as for Kesler, not sure that's a true statement. I would think the Flames would have kept him in college like they have with Nystrom (I hear these players compared frequently) so I'm not sure its a slam dunk he'd be playing for the Flames.

4 points for Lombardi tonight at least
The Canucks also never seem to bring up such young players... Kesler was just drafted this year, so it was surprising to even see how well he handled himself in camp... actually I was surprised to even see him sign so quick and in camp.

at and after the draft Burke said what he liked about Kesler was that he was already NHL ready - he had size, speed and wasn't shy to use either... 3-4 years ago, he probably would have made our starting roster.

I wouldn't have thought that he had any chance of making our team this year, but ended up being one of the last cuts...

as for Lombardi - great game last night - his first hattrick!! seems like you guys got some secondary scoring last night - finally... although Iginla still seems to be in a funk... but with Lombardi, it's still early... just like it is for King - who had a 5 game goal scoring streak recently, and I believe he's either tied or near the lead for rookie scoring overall right now.