View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Roke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Waht turned Boston around was the signing of Zdeno Chara, can we sign a top guy like that as a FA? Havent seen that ever in Montréal. We get the second tier free agents.
Dumping Gomez and Kaberle would mean there would be money to do it. If the organization had credible management (Which it desperately needs right now) I think it's possible with the cash to splash. There needs to be a new, credible, experienced (at least at the assistant level with an elite team) GM to sell it though.

I was shocked when the team managed to sign Cole last summer. He's not premier like a Suter or a Chara but I thought he was the 3rd-best free agent available last summer and didn't have the Habs coming close to signing him.

The farm's looking good on the back-end, there should be an elite prospect coming in the draft, and there's a number of young players progressing with the big team already (Pacioretty and Subban are pretty damn special). Contention isn't going to happen with a fool at the helm or behind the bench but if the right moves are made there I don't think it's too far off.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote