View Single Post
Old
11-13-2003, 06:26 AM
looooob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
The Canucks also never seem to bring up such young players... Kesler was just drafted this year, so it was surprising to even see how well he handled himself in camp... actually I was surprised to even see him sign so quick and in camp.

at and after the draft Burke said what he liked about Kesler was that he was already NHL ready - he had size, speed and wasn't shy to use either... 3-4 years ago, he probably would have made our starting roster.

I wouldn't have thought that he had any chance of making our team this year, but ended up being one of the last cuts...

as for Lombardi - great game last night - his first hattrick!! seems like you guys got some secondary scoring last night - finally... although Iginla still seems to be in a funk... but with Lombardi, it's still early... just like it is for King - who had a 5 game goal scoring streak recently, and I believe he's either tied or near the lead for rookie scoring overall right now.
LOL I knew you would bring up King! I agree its still early for both guys...its just pretty rare that I actually spend a thread talking up a Flames player(or prospect) and then he actually goes out and does something