View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
That's not happening. Howson wants the 2 of the 3 untouchable components. I know someone who knows Columbus scout Greg Drechsel. He used to scout for the LA Kings and then was as an associate coach as Clarkson. He is based in the northeast. He likes toolsy hockey players. LA was on the teams which loved Hugh Jessiman in 2003. Dreschel liked him very much. He took my friend on a scouting trip to see Dartmouth one weekend. The Rangers took him one pick before LA took Dustin Brown. Not surprised Kreider is a must have for them. Jeff Gorton and Gordie Clark love Kreider.

Brooks mentions Knuble as a possibility. The Rangers brass would love to rent Gaustad but he is not the market and the price would be very high if he is on the market. The Rangers don't love any of the available D. They like John Erskine who has another year left at $1.5M. Limited interest in Wideman or Spacek. No interest in Allen and Campoli.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...-rss&FEEDNAME=

While I agree with Brooksie's take, that being there isn't squat readily available, it's time to put your thinking cap on and get creative. Not only regarding Nash, but beyond Nash. Time to move Dubi while he still holds some value, along with a prospect or two in hopes of addressing our offensive woes etc.

Just because guys like knuble are deemed avilable, doesn't mean we should put on blinders. I think if Hunter isn't playing Knuble, there's probably a good reason for it, he went in there to shake things up.