View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 08:31 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i was just thinking: "how come he has more haters/doubters now than he did when he was in the east coast league?"

and natey's posts are awesome to read. right on almost every count. major props!
No kidding. I thought he was too small, although I don't recall this thread. I was convinced after his first stint in montreal. The fact that many doubt him more after he destroyed both minor leagues and is actually producing in the NHL is baffling.

Granted, I'm not sure I would be at ease giving him long term first line role(see: Koivu, Saku) because he may not be able to consistently be this good.

However...the guy is clearly at least a 2nd line center this year. He's been near PPG for half the season! Give it a rest haters. He's right in the middle in regards to point production as his wingers[Cole(57 point pace) & pacioretty(60 point pace)].

Let's call it for what it is. The guy has been working his ass off for years to prove people he can be in the NHL. I like that. I like the fact he won't back down. It reminds me of another quiet-hard-working-dimunitive-playmaking center we had not long ago.

I'm not crazy, I know the importance of Eller and Plekanec to this team, but I also think it's important to realize DD IS the best playmaker on the team. Playmakers are guys who make others around them better. Something a former star playmking center in Gomez has failed to do.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote