View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
sanityplease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal2TheOil View Post
I've never understood the fashion police and what the big deal is yellow laces or a tinted visor. I shouldn't say I don't understand it, I guess I don't agree with it. From my experience, guys that chirp usually have an inferiority complex and will attempt to draw attention to someone who stands out for having a tinted visor or yellow laces so no one notices how bad they are.

Most guys buy equipment because it fits good, but given the choice between two equally fitting pieces of equipment why not go with the one you like more. If that's a tinted visor, so be it. I've noticed a lot of guys won't buy the X100 bauer visor with the chrome but most of the world juniors that wear a visor do wear it. If the logic is those guys are extremely talented then no one should be using a totalone stick or skates or any high priced equipment.

Sorry for the rant, just a huge pet peeve of mine. To the OP, if it helps with the post-concussion symptoms, by all means you should wear it. I've worn one before and occasionally switch from tinted to clear and I don't notice a big difference
It's not only about gear, also about how they play, virtually every guy I've seen play with yellow laces, tinted/mirrored visor (there's actually a real bender in my league who's gear is exactly like ovi's, before he switched to bauer ) are poor players who sit/hover @ the oppositions blueline looking for the breakaway pass. If someone's trying to stand out from the team & look like an egocentric star, it says a lot about their personality.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote