View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 09:21 AM
okiepig

vCash: 500
Of course the play was blown quick looking back, but I have never watched a perfectly called game in my life- when you start wandering off away from the "strict adherence to guidelines" approach it opens up that can of what we all hate, refs accused of affecting the game's outcome.
I have been pretty happy how the NHL refs are allowing teams to play the game this season, remember a couple of years ago when every little stick infraction was pulling a hooking call?- consistency in managing games has been pretty good all season long if you ask me.
Mick McGeouh on a typical night would regularly ignore aggravated assault with intent right in front of him while calling a holding the stick at the other end of the ice at least once a night... remember??
at least he was consistent...
as to that call, the ref behind the net's view is going to be blocked in frozen pucks in front of the net, I suppose he lost sight a second or two before the one that had sight of the puck blew that whistle- so I suppose he could have blown the whistle way before if the rule was strictly adhered to the letter... gotta keep the game in perspective.
I am a big Vermette fan and I thought the eventual call was correct.

okiepig is offline   Reply With Quote