View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ironically, Neil Smith was just on SportsNet lamenting about how "Players like Nash don't come on the market very often" and that "You should do what you can to get him" despite the fact he said he would not be worth it for the Rangers. Guess he'd be worth it for the Leafs though.
Short of seeing him traded to the Flyers, nothing would make me happier than seeing the Leafs trade away parts of their "vaunted" youth for an anchor like Nash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I would say that the two best teams are the ones that have top notch players in all facets (i.e., Boston and Vancouver). We are not good enough offensively and Detroit is a notch below defensively and in net. I would move the Bruins up and the Wings down and I think we would beat Detroit in a 7 game series (if we have home ice). The Penguins are the real wild card in all of this. Sometimes they look like world beaters and other times; not so much. Malkin is just ridiculous right now.
Using your own criteria, the Bruins aren't as good as you say. Their forwards are very good, but I'll take the Nucks, Wings and Pens groups over the Bruins forward core, and one of their most important forwards is out with a serious injury (Horton). They're without an integral role player in Peverly, as well.

You underrate Jimmy Howard, as well as the Red Wings defense.