View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Skoula was better than most people give him credit for.

Schultz is fine...I guess. But you need to look at the bigger picture. If we hold on to all our defensemen, how do we get better? Spurgeon, Scandella, and Schultz are all second pairing guys. Falk and Prosser are third pairing guys at best (although I think they shouldn't be in the NHL right now). And then you bring in Brodin, and that's your six. That's not a good six at all as green as they are.

So are you going to put Schultz on the third pairing? Wouldn't it be better to put Falk and Prosser in that role or try out Cuma there? Especially if you can get something for him? I know he likes it here, but if you're not going to use your vets like the "should" be used, it causes issues (look at Zidlicky).

If they move Schultz, they not only get assets in return, but open up a roster spot for a high end defenseman in UFA. I could also see him moved in the summer.

You need to upgrade this defense. Brodin should provide a big spark. But they need a big body who can play a lot of minutes without making a lot of mistakes.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote