Thread: Speculation: Trade Deadline Goalies
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Why isn't there much talk about landing Nabokov? Is it just a general consensus that it's not going to happen? I don't see why that should be the case, and he's exactly the guy I'd like to pick up. Maybe he wouldn't want to waive his NTC to come here after not being able to work out a deal back in summer '10? I don't think that should matter too much, and as for him wanting to possibly go to a contender, are there even any teams substantially better than the Flyers looking to pick up a goalie right now? Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not sure there is.

Last thing I read on the Isles board is that Nabby is supposedly 50/50 right now on re-signing with them. I was very surprised to read that, wouldn't think he was considering that much at all. I wonder what it would take to land him and if he'd waive to come here. I think I'd be willing, whatever it is...can't be anything too crazy. And then you send Bob to start with the Phantoms, Nabby steals the starting role from Bryz in no time, and this team hopefully sees a major improvement in it's most flawed department.
Nabby would be getting roasted, too. Behind this team D, you really have no idea what would happen. every 'elite' goalie here is in the butterfly on every shot. deflections go in. pucks are whiffed on, pucks come in un tipped and bounce off gloves and into the net, it's just a matter of how frequently . a complete roll of the dice.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote