View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diven View Post
Although Kassian may be a better fit with this organization long term, I think Cody is the better player (definately now, and more than likely in the future).

We are a contender now and Cody provided clutch goals and gave us a 2nd powerplay unit. (I hope they move Kesler back to 2nd PP, he isn't doing anything for the top PP at the moment, and Higgins, Burrows, or Booth could be quality top PP wingers.)

Kassian struggling to stay on Buffalo's roster, and Gragnani struggling to stay in the line up is concerning for a team that wants to compete for a cup. We are going to have to hope with support of quality players here these players can up their games, or this will be a bad move short term.

Long term it is going to depend on Gragnani in my opinion. If he can be a solid 4/5 defensemen (and play the right side), and Kassian a 2nd line powerforward, we may break even on the deal.
Yeah, that pretty much distills why everyone is so restless and confused. All of the "ifs" seem like they are on our side.