View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I think this trade deadline illustrates two things...

1. We have confidence in our organizational assets. If we lose a skilled defenseman, we can plug in Erixon. We have MZA up front and we could have Kreider available by the playoffs if absolutely necessary. Our depth guys are better than most of what is avaialable.

2. The window for the Rangers is just opening. This year is by most accounts, a year earlier than planned. I want to win now but I don't want to mortgage key pieces to rent players that are just passing through. Management seems to agree. I can't imagine anyone here wanting to trade a 1st for Gaustad. Not sure where Hodgson would fit on this team. The only deal I saw today that made sense at the price back was the Sami Pahlsson trade. We are not a team where the window may be closing (San Jose, Vancouver) or a team facing unusual circumstances Nashville/Suter)

I love the trade deadline but I'm content to let other teams have their fun today.

And the last time Sather made only a minor move at the trade deadline, we got John Mitchell. It took a while but that one seems to have worked out pretty well.
Yes the window might be just opening but who is to say all the pieces will come together again next season?

Will our stars stay healthy again? (Lundqvist, Gabby, Girardi, McD?)
Will players decline? (Gabby, Richards?)

Yes players will get better hopefully, but if Lundqvist tears in MCL, or Girardi breaks his leg, we could easily kiss another season goodbye.

This season has everything pretty much going for us. We really have to pray it does again next year.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote