View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The fact that so many teams felt that if they got in the playoffs they could do something through the asking prices out of whack. Gaustad for a 1st??!!
I agree. Although we will not know if Sather truly made a "massive offer" that was turned down. If Columbus turned down a Dubinsky/Erixon/Kreiger/Thomas & 1st, then shame on them. For me, it would be shame on Sather, but that is another story. Or if he gave in and included MDZ or MCD. Either way, I breath easier knowing that the trade was not made. Just for freeing up their cap room, Columbus should have sent a pick back.

I think that the best trade, in this case, was the one not made. Maybe this team does not win the Cup. Maybe, like the '94 Devils or young Islander/Edmonton teams, they need to loose first, before they can win. And please note, in no circumstance amd I comparing them to any of the latter two dynasties.

The team held on to all of their assets and can count on improving organically, when all of the young players take steps forward. I think that they are better served by keepign the core together.

Apparently, this was a great year to be a seller.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote