View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 05:18 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
We have 10 open NHL spots, and around 7 open AHL spots. Your inability to count is not my problem.
With 28 contracts:

In the NHL next year:

FORWARD:
Heatley
Koivu
Cullen
Setoguchi
Clutterbuck
Brodziak
Powe

DEFENSE:
Gilbert
Scandella
Spurgeron
Prosser

GOALIE:
Backstrom

12 Total in the NHL next year, meaning we're missing 11 regulars.

In the AHL next year:

Cuma
Kuemper
Bagnall
Fontaine
Medvec
Foucault
Broda
Jobke
Caron

9 in the AHL meaning missing 14 guys

Signed:
Phillips
Bulmer
Brodin
Larsson

Not Signed:
Coyle
Granlund
Zucker

Forgot Phillips...

So we need 14 in the AHL (9 active players), 11 in the NHL (12 active players). I don't know how Butch's contract works since he's out for a total of 25 players we need for next year.

We are bringing in 4 guys that have contracts (Brodin, Larsson, Phillips, Bulmer). So we now need 21 players in the NHL and AHL to play and all of those contracts need to come from somewhere.

We know Coyle, Zucker, and Granlund will need to be signed. So that's now 31 contracts signed with us needing 18 players in the AHL/NHL.

Not all of them are going to be NHL contracts. So I'll wiggle around 5-7 contracts depending on how comfortable Fletcher feels with the AHL.

We need a goaltender. So that's 17 players in the NHL/AHL with 32 contracts signed.

We need 11 players in the NHL. We have let's say a maximum of 4 rookies signed and in the NHL. Meaning we still need 7 players in the NHL. 39 contracts signed.

We want to bring in 5-6 guys in the AHL to help teach our young players and we have the 3 rookies. So that's 44-45 contracts signed.

Last edited by thestonedkoala: 02-27-2012 at 05:30 PM.