View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No one cares about Brad Staubitz. What people care about is this team's direction. While you may be happy and satisfied with just them getting taller, it doesn't mean the team is improving. Also you mentioned fighting? Is that some kind of joke? Guess what, the team actually fights less under Gauthier than it did when Gainey was GM. The only players Gauthier has acquired with any remote fighting ability is Straubitz and Schultz. Don't worry, I'm not expecting a constructive counter argument on how Gauthier has improved this team in his tenure because I don't think there's one. Gauthier and Gainey have been running things for almost 10 years now and it's about time for a change.
To be honest, I'm sick of this line of reasoning.

Up until recently we had a super-veteran coach who got what he asked for. This team was built in Martin's image. The players they shipped off, the players they signed almost everyone was meant to fit into Martin's system (or get kicked out of it).

The plan failed, and failed so spectacularly that we're getting a top3 pick with it. I don't think it falls on Gauthier as much as all of you are saying, he gave Martin the team he wanted and it didn't work so they're re-tooling and I betcha that Subban, Eller, Bourque and Pleks are gonna look rather good next year with a fresh start and a new coach.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote