View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
One of my previous complaints earlier this season was that the Avs got bigger and tougher on the back end while remaining small and soft in the forward ranks. Obviously Sherman made some moves to address that, so I applaud him there.

His main objective this offseason should be to assess the team as a whole and see if he can/should add some serious scoring punch. Not saying he's gotta go crazy and spend lavishly, just see what can be done about making this team better at putting pucks in the net, both on wing and on D.

Also, the team has a lot of depth defenders...we need more top-4 guys, not 5/6 guys shoehorned into that role. Are some of the kids ready? Maybe not, but Sherman's first two attempts to bring in top-4 blueline talent (EJ, Hejda) have yielded mixed results.

So far, yeah, I have made a near-180 from my previous stance. That said, I still want ownership and management to deliver us some real playoff-caliber hockey, if not championship-caliber hockey, as early as next year. I don't think that's too much to ask.