02-27-2012, 07:01 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
the good
- a top 6, 22 year old, calder candidate, potential franchise center :holycow:
- another 1st round pick to restock the pipeline, or make significant move at draft
- an acknowledgement of the need to do what is necessary to solve the center issue
- conversations with goose's agent that were NOT about contract extension (making clear they want to re-sign him in the offseason IMO)
- never need to see grags in blue n gold again

the bad
- nothing, absolutely nothing

the awesome
- can you say POTENTIAL FRANCHISE CENTER!!!!
Been super busy and away from these boards, but after I heard the news I popped on to post this. I never knew Darcy had this much magic in him.

For people who aren't too familiar with Hodgson, he's a beast. Drafted two spots before Myers in 2008. Drool.

As far as getting smaller... who cares? Getting bigger isn't going to get us into the playoffs this season. Darcy has the off season to address that issue -- not to mention Foligno and McNabb possibly cracking the lineup next season.

I haven't been this excited about the Sabres since October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
as I've stated in other threads I hate losing Kassian, but Hodgson fills a dire dire need of this team. One thing I'm confused about is that the more I'm reading about this trade, it seems to me that the Canucks want Kassian to contribute right away. While he has shown flashes of dominance at times I don't think he is ready for full time NHL duty yet especially come playoff time.
I don't think he'd be out of place on the 4th line for the rest of this season for the 'Nucks. When he wants to play, he can absolutely play. Perhaps being on a legit contender will bring out the best in Kassian.

Last edited by jamers: 02-27-2012 at 07:06 PM.
jamers is offline   Reply With Quote