View Single Post
01-29-2006, 11:56 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by topcorner
What are the top three one piece composite stick in the market, consider the performance, durability, weight and very important $$$.[/QUOTE

you have a plethora of decisions here. Personally I don't snap to many shafts and blades are usually briken by a well place slash.

FOr a lite weight stick look into
Mission or Easton (they are both the heavy weights of lightness) somewhere is the 390- 340 grams .
They also both have a rubberized shaft (Composites tend to be a little more slippery than wood).

I use a Bauer wich is heavier around 420 grams.

Personally I would not but a 1 peice , since if the blade breaks or you don't like the lie or curve your sorta stuck. I buy a 2 peice for a little less money $100-$150 and try a few blades till I find a pattern I like than buy those in bulk (well 2 or 3 at a time).

Remember for most composite 1 peice sticks.. The moment you use it on the ice the warrente is expired (though if it is truly a manufactures issue, you might be able to get a replacement. This requires you buy a replacement and send you old stick in , then follow up with the manufacterer).

In the end go to you local skate shop, find a stick you like and buy it on EBAY :-D
Just a comment on the warrenty part. I have brought sticks back to the place I bought them a year after the date of purchase and got a replacement. That may have to do with me bring a good customer but I am pretty sure I could return a stick within the warrenty period and be given a replacement even if I weren't. It all depends on where you buy it. The shop I go to will deal with the company and have no problems doing so.

If you buy it on ebay or online you are left dealing the the manufactuer yourself. I would suggest buying for a shop that is well known and will back the products the sell.

I'm using a Louisville TPS Rubber Response which I really like. But right now I can only find them online (I will not buy online). The one thing about the stick I don't care for is the lie. It's not really a big deal and that can happen with any stick.

From what I have been told the CCM Vector are probably the most durable, but they are a little heavier then the others. I have heard good things about Missions and Warrior (was Innovative) too. I am looking for a new stick right now too. I am torn between getting something a bit cheaper like a Reebok 4K which if it breaks I can buy a new one, or something more expensive like a Bauer Vapor and replacing the blade if it breaks.

I was using a Easton Z Bubble shaft. With the right blade it suppose to feel just like a one piece or pretty close. Honestly, I didn't think so and perfered my old Innovative Inno 1100 shaft. Blades are getting expensive and the don't seem to last all that long. It's what made me switch to a one piece. There is a noticable difference in feel. Careful, once you switch you'll never go back.

Hope some of that helps....damn I want to go buy a new stick now.

Last edited by stick9: 01-29-2006 at 07:26 PM.