2012-2013 Flyers Lineup
View Single Post
02-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Originally Posted by
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) /
Daniel Briere ($6.500m)
/ Jakub Voracek ($3.500m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
Sean Couturier ($1.375m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) /
Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
Nicklas Grossman ($3.000m) / Marc-Andre Bourdon ($1.000m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.737m)
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) /
Niko Hovinen ($0.950m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,896,944; BONUSES: $2,805,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,908,056
I bolded the problems.
1. - We kept Briere at center before because he was much better offensively in the middle. Now that he's starting to slow up offensively, he's just becoming a liability. In the future he'll be better suited on the wing where he can benefit from other players instead of leading the rush. In fact, I wish we had already moved Briere to wing by now.
2. - You can't keep Couturier on the fourth line again next season.
3. - Eric Wellwood is certainly NHL ready, but he's not going to do anything on that fourth line. Switching him with Talbot in your lineup makes sense,
4. - I'd love to get Ryan Suter, but what if that doesn't work out? That defense is pretty bad once again without Suter, and since he's not a guarantee, you're going to have to at least get accustomed to the idea that Carle will be back.
5. - That goaltending tandem is a recipe for disaster. People need to stop putting Hovinen into their lineups right now. It's not going to happen.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by CS