Thread: Line Combos: Next Year's Lineup
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Noonan25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
As far as the young guys go, you would have to think that Kreider and Erixon are gonna be good to go with the big club next year. I would let Feds walk, resign Prust and Biron... and of course the big one

Parise to a multi-year deal

Your nightly Rangers lineup

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik

Why this works: Another year of maturity for Stepan and Anisimov can only help this line continue to put up big points. Gaborik will be Gaborik if he's healthy, and if Stepan takes that next step forward.. watch out.

Parise - Richards - Callahan

Why this works: why doesn't it work?

Kreider - Dubinsky - Hagelin

Why this works: This one is a little more interesting to me. The key is moving Dubi back to center. Despite his struggles this year, I've found that Dubi seems to be quite adept at using his speed to gain the zone on the rush ala Scott Gomez in his heyday. That might sound downright frightening... but if you put speedsters Kreider and Hagelin around him, I think they could really make things happen. Ya gotta think the speed on this line would give teams WAY more fits than your average 3rd line. EDIT: Not to mention that Dubi seems to be becoming more of a distributor. Hey... more power to ya Dubi, play some center between a couple goal scorers.

Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Why this works: this is basically by default so it better work. But seriously, Boyle and Prust play fine with each other and they should be 4th liners anyway.

As far as the defensive pairings go... I would guess you might have to have a couple of guys learn to play the other side, but if you want 3 pairs of an offensively gifted, puck-moving defenseman paired with a defensive stalwart, you go with Girardi-McDonagh, Staal-Del Zotto, Sauer-Erixon.

Need I analyze the goaltending situation?

I think the addition of Kreider, Parise, and Erixon into this lineup could make the 2012-13 Rangers downright dominating.
I would love that but wouldn't be able to afford it

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote