Old
02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
A couple of other points to consider about Kreider signing - and maybe playing:

1) The CBA is about to expire - who knows what the rules will be under the new one?
2) For those worried about Kreider perhaps sitting out a year and bolting to the Bruins or some other team (not that I am), consider this: "well, kid, if you stick with us, we'll sign you right away and give you a shot and playing in the Stanley Cup finals immediately. With a first place team. And you'll get to UFA a year earlier."
3) Unless I'm mistaken, he is the only amateur to have played with the US WC team last year.

I think there's at least a 50% chance we see him. ESPECIALLY since we didn't get Nash.
He also did it in the prior year, which is why I would believe that the Rangers feel comfortable allowing to jump into the pros. Again, Cerny basically said during a recent chat that the Rangers expect Kreider to be in the top six next year, and put up 20+ goals. Those are the expectations for the kid. All of the amateur scouts here can debate the merits of that taking place, but, that is what the organization's forecast for this kid is.