View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
Hi guys, so after months of reading the forums I finally decided to register.

So anyway, if we do sign Parise this offseason, what would you guys think of this?

Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Parise-Richards-Hagelin
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

Basically, it assumes that Kreider can step in and be productive as the first line LW, but in the process it allows the Rangers to bring back the Pack line and be a much deeper team.

It gives us a 1st line, 2A line, 2B line, 4th line.
Welcome to the boards.

This isn't directed at just your post but, I think Parise is a pipedream at this point. I don't think he leaves Jersey if they continue their strong play, and their weaknesses are addressed in the off-season.

Twenty-nine other teams will be bidding for his services for the most part. He will want a big payout, and superfluous reasons that have been listed here aside, I don't see why he'd be so eager to come here. Being penciled in by people so much at this stage is preemptive, to say the least.

Kreider is also not a lock out of camp, if anything he pulls a Hagelin and gets a call up from the Whale after some injuries. I don't expect him to slide in to the 1st LW spot like that from the get-go. That's also very much wishful-thinking.

It does look like a strong roster on paper though. Especially if you consider this defense:

McD-Girardi
MDZ-Staal
Erixon-Sauer/Wrath/Stralman

or some combination thereof.

If it were to pan out like that, and no one has any slumps or another off-year like Dubinsky. This team will be a cup favorite. Again, it's not likely though.