View Single Post
Old
01-29-2006, 04:01 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I think that before we even broach this topic, we need to come up with a list of just who is available and then what it would take to get each player.

That being said, I would actively seek a 2nd line center who can put the puck in the net and who isn't afraid to throw his body around a little bit. This way, you can make Handzus the 3rd line center and either Carter, Richards or Umberger can center the 4th line. This move also allows for Brashear to either be traded, waived or just in a suit in the stands.

I'm not all that concerned about the defensive corps as long as Pitkanen, Johnsson and Desjardins come back and stay healthy. With the return of those 3 guys, Therien sits (or better yet waived or traded) as does one of the rookies (Jones or Meyer).
Unless Forsberg is out for the year, this team absolutely, positively does not need a center!!!! I dont understand why anyone would think otherwise. It needs a solid 4-5 dman and maybe a winger. Forsberg, Carter, Handzus, Richards, Umberger, Nedved are all centers with 2 of Neved, Handzus and Umberger playing on the wings. I think it is obvious that Carter and Richards are staying at center. Forsberg is your #1 and Handzus or Nedved are #2.

Gagne Forsberg Knuble
Neved Handzus Kapanen/Rado
Umberger Carter Kapanen/Rado
Eager Richards Stevenson
Brashear, Savage

Pitkanen Rathje
Hatcher Johnsson
??????? Desjardins
Jones, Meyer, Therien

If anything, this team needs a better dman to play with Desjardins or to take his place if he does not come back healthy. At forward, I am comfortable with what we have assuming all are healthy come trade deadline time. However, a winger surely wouldnt hurt. Either a top 6 guy to play with Handzus and Nedved, therefore moving Rado and Kapanen down. Or, if one of those two have some chemistry with Nedved and Handzus, I pick up a 3rd/4th liner to play with Richards.

I repeat, we do not need a center.