View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I realize based on your name and avatar that you probably don't want to hear this, but if he was "a gamer" on Nashville's second goal we probably go to at least OT. Hell, Trevor Lewis probably wouldn't have played that so poorly, and that's saying something.
Oh please. I'm more than capable of hearing criticism of my favorite King, if you were familiar with my posting at all you'd know that's the case. Nobody gets a free pass.

Yes, MR was involved in creating Nashville's second goal. But while the rest of the Kings were busy floating around and waiting for the clock to run out, Mike Richards made an all-out dive, sacrificing his body with a PERFECT read to poke the puck away and gave us a few more jam chances as the clock ran out. If someone was able to jam the puck past Rinne, MR would be lauded by everyone here as a hero for creating those last opportunities.

It's those types of plays that can really make the difference for a team, regardless of his lack of production or involvement on the Nashville goal. You don't just get to ignore the good things he does because of a mistake or two.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote