Thread: Line Combos: Next Year's Lineup
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2012, 10:10 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Thinking about it, the more evident it became to me today. One way or another, Dubinsky needs to be traded this offseason.

4.2 mill for a 3rd liner is too much.

Next year, we also have Kreider, Thomas, Bourque, Fasth, Lindberg, and St. Croix, amongst others vying for roster spots.

We're also clearly geared up to make another big FA splash (Parise?)

Line combos for next year?

Parise-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Thomas
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonough-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon

Hank
Biron

That's filthy.

Don't we already have three or four of this thread? No lie--as soon as I saw the name attached the this thread, I KNEW it was going to be something to do with getting rid of Dubinsky. I literally said that out loud as I clicked the thread.

I'm at the point where I just laugh and don't bother trying to point out the obvious anymore. First it was "let's move Dubinsky to get Nash." Now it's "let's move Dubinsky because prospects are coming." That's saying NOTHING about the prospects you listed, two of which (Lindberg and Bourque) will probably never be NHL players, three of which (Fasth--due to his injury--, St. Croix and Thomas) will need AT LEAST another season before they sniff the NHL roster and only one of which (Kreider) is expected to compete for a roster spot.

Let's talk about that roster spot. Do you remember the last prospect we all thought was a sure bet to make the team? You should. It was less than a year ago when half the board wanted to trade Del Zotto because Erixon was "a top 4 defenseman already" and MDZ "didn't have a place in this lineup." How'd that work out again, I forget?

You've got a LOT of if's. IF Parise is signed, IF Kreider is ready, IF IF IF. The management of this team has been very clear that they make decisions about youth and depth when that youth forces the issue. Dubinsky won't be traded in the offseason to make room for Kreider. He doesn't need to be moved to create cap space for Parise (if Parise even wants to sign here). Sather and Torts will let everything play out in good time and, if Kreider does come in and set the world on fire, they will then deal Dubinsky at the deadline, when he's had a chance to rebound from this season and will have more value.

That's the reality of how this team is and has been run. Don't let that get in the way of your personal biases though. I understand. Dubinsky held out into training camp once, and somehow you feel justified in taking that personally.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote