Old
02-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I agree.

But Lombardi threw his culture and right fit cliches out the window and he really had no choice. He is almost surely gone if the team misses the playoffs while being dead last in goals.

I actually like what Carter brings, like I said in the Kopitar thread, there is nothing wrong with a purely offensive player. Dean and his coaches have tried to turn everyone into a two way player and we see results like we have had.

Balance is a good thing, not everyone is going to be an excellent two way player.

Guys like Gaborik, Kessel, Nash, Eriksson, St. Louis, Kovalchuk, Tavares Eberle and Kane are extremely valuable players and the types of players we lack.

Not everyone is Toews or Datsyuk. I wish our management team realized that quicker than they apparently finally have.
Exactly.

Even though I was extremely opposed to getting Carter, I have been trying to give him a clean slate and he has been pretty good. But it was a desperation move by DL to save his job.

I wanted to allocate a higher percentage of the cap to offense, and was ok giving up JJ (as far as his play is concerned). Just didn't think Carter was the guy to make the difference. Not in this system, not on this team.