View Single Post
Old
11-13-2003, 11:02 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Mike, the hockey I've watched this year makes 24 and Survivor a viable option. when the team sags when they go down 1-0, you know you're in for a long year. if a team is to have an identity, like the Oilers, they look to draft players who can play their up tempo style. I think that is the long range goal here, but who knows. Our problem is time, and our reluctance to recognize it. I tend to believe that BG and CJ must have discussed the ammount of time that will be given to our last year of contract gang. I hope that this time is coming to an end, but it's not my money. You really can't introduce a new organizationa; philosophy at the top level, with the likes of Audette,Juneau,Dackell, and Perreault still up front. I also don't fault Gillette, for not tearing up 10-12 M worth of contracts.

Getting back to your original point, I can't help wondering what the Oilers have accomplished with their style. I realize that finance comes into play, but worse teams have gone farther. i guess the key to the best style is balance, smart hard working adaptable players.