View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 01:06 AM
GeneralManager*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Welcome aboard.

There has been a serious depletion of talent over many years of downward and sideways moves. While there are a few promising pieces, we're at the point of witnessing possibly the weakest top to bottom lineup in the team's history.

I can't imagine one player, of any calibre, getting the team to where a championship hungry fan wants it.

I honestly hope this is not lost on those who will weigh in on the selection of the next GM. The team cannot be scared away from manager candidates who offer a vision that includes 3-5 years of slow talent acquisition , investment in off-ice talent that allows for better scouting decisions, and making people accountable for serious mistakes.
Here's the thing though, what has changed from the team that took the bruins to game 7 last year and the team we have this year?

What we lost: Gionta and Markov (Wisniewski) out, Cammalleri traded, a coach with a semblance of a system and a brain (pp sucks, no transition, etc), Subban and Plekanec having a poor year (can be attributed to coaching issue), Hamrlik and Spacek

What we gained this year:
Cole, emergence of Desharnais, Emelin and Pacioretty, Bourque (meh), Kaberle (meh meh), hopefully a franchise pick, a year of development for price and subban

What can bring us back to 2011 success:
A new coach with a system, Healthy Markov and Gionta, bounce back years from Plekanec and Subban, enhanced production from eller and leblanc to makeup for loss of kostitsyn

What can put us into a top 4 team in the conference in addition to the above:
Ryan Suter, enhanced progress of Cole line, our first round pick having a calder type year(Nail or Grigs)...

i honestly think we are not TOO far off. i just don't trust the management to make the right decisions, i can see us hiring a terrible coach, keeping gauthier and keeping gomez causing another abysmal year.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote