Thread: Speculation: Rebuilding our defense...
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 12:18 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Schultz is more of a stay-at-home defenseman. I won't disagree with that. But in order to get Yeo's system working, we need puck moving defensemen too. We need blueliners who can get the puck on net sometimes. That's where the change is coming. Do I think that our defense has gotten better in regards to actually defending? Honestly, probably not. But it was either stay put, keep sucking at defending with zero ability to move the puck and help out the struggling offense...OR.....keep sucking at defending, but start taking baby steps towards helping out offensively.

I think we can all agree that the offensive output for this team is pathetic. If we aren't scoring only 1 goal a game, then we're trailing by one without a pulse. I truly think that our forwards' numbers are low, because of the lack of help from the back-end. Watching both the forwards and D equally contributing offensively against the Sharks was refreshing. That's what we need more of. I'd rather suck at defending for a while if it means adding more goals. We can't fix both aspects at once, but we're going to have the tools to do it soon.
Just throwing it out there, even with all the general suckage lately, the Wild are still top-10 in GA/G.

I absolutely agree that sucking at breaking the puck out has really hindered offensive production, though.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote