The defense for next year.
View Single Post
02-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Originally Posted by
1. Sign Suter (~$6.50 for 7 years)
2. Re-sign Grossman (~$3.00 for 4 years)
3. Re-sign Carle (~$4.00 for 2 years)
4. Keep Timonen, Coburn, Meszaros, and, unfortunately, Lilja
5. Allow Timonen to handle second pairing minutes, while Suter and Carle take top pairing duty. Timonen will still play on the top PK unit and can play on the top PP as well, but we need to limit his minutes next season. You could swap Carle and Grossman on the pairings below, but this is my idea. I know many of you dislike Carle, but I think he's a steady defenseman who provides both offense and defense. He's prone to his mistakes, but Suter could handle that. He'd be like Pronger's younger replacement.
Suter - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Grossman - Meszaros
Where does that $13.5m come from?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by sobrien