Thread: Speculation: The defense for next year.
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 01:27 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'd rather go for Brad Stuart for under 4M. He can hit, put up points here and there and is stable back in the defensive zone. I believe if we truly want a #1 or #2 stud, we should draft one.
I'd rather have Stuart and Grossman at 6.50m+ than Suter at 6.50m+.

That said, I don't know how keen Detroit is on letting Stuart walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Grossman is under paid in your line up here. I don't get why people are arguing this? Homer said it himself not me, so I believe we will probably need to shuffle some salary around. They are not lies. The Flyers want to resign Jagr too, they have meet with his agent to discuss this. I believe if he plays well down the end of this season, he will be here next year. Probably at the same price. So your line-up needs Jagr.

I just put out what Homer said. We probably will need to move some players if we get Suter. As much as I don't want to admit it, it might have to be done

Im only posting about what I saw on twitter. If the GM feels like we will need to move salary in order to fit Suter, then I believe it. Again the quote
I think re-signing Jagr at this point is a waste of 3.00m.

1. Briere can't stay at center forever.

2. If Jagr is re-signed we have 10 (possibly 11) top 9 forwards in our lineup.

3. Wellwood is certainly NHL-ready, and while he can't play a checking line role, he certainly puts our potential top 9 forwards at 12 with Jagr:

Hartnell - Giroux - Read
vanRiemsdyk - Schenn - Voracek
Simmonds - Briere - Jagr
Talbot - Couturier - Wellwood

Long story short. I loved Jagr. It's time to move on.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote