Old
02-28-2012, 08:35 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Yes but the way I see it...

Kostitsyn was fine with Eller on the third line and our first round draft pick could have played with Plek and Gio... It would have been perfect for the new guy playing with two veteran presence...

Has for the cap space... Gomez isn't in my line up isn't it... That's 7 million right there.

Plus we still could have the depth to make a good trade like maybe Cammalleri while he's playing good or Plekanec for good D.

Like I said we just created hole in a line up that really wasn't that far off.

We don't seem to remember that we were dominating at the beginning of the season... The puck just wasn't going our way.
I know we have cap space, with Gomez gone, but we have even more now with Cammy, maybe to shore our D, some of the money will go to re-signing guys, but ya we have ton of cap space to try to find a replacement..

I agree that with Cammy gone there is a hole on the one of top 2 lines with Plek-Gio,but Cammy wasn't the answer, we had no one to work the boards, and one of Cammy and Gio had to go, and rightful so Cammy was gone, the way I see the lineup shaping up is...

Bourque basically replaced AK on the 3rd line, likely playing with Eller, both are the same, can score 20-25 goals, but can't be relied to bring it night in night out in on our top 6, but can fill in in need of injury, and seeing how Bourque at-least can play on the PK when he isn't scoring, I think it was the right choice.

So our 3rd line should be Bourque-Eller-Mikhail Grigorenko/Filip Forsberg

And a second line of Patches-DD-Cole, I think those are two good lines that have skill and size..

So basically I agree that they created a hole by shipping away Cammy, but he wasn't the answer, I think we need to find that replacement at LW this summer. Maybe we get lucky and win the draft lottery and get Nail Yakupov...

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote