Thread: Mike Richards
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 09:20 AM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
This is a little right and a little wrong. And, I do know the answer to why Ed Snider wanted to get rid of both Richards and Carter, because I know people who work for the Flyers. That said, you wouldn't believe me anyway, plus it doesn't matter now that he's no longer a member of the Flyers. But I will tell you this...regardless of what the "media" said, it was NOT to free up money for a goalie.
So typical of the latter 3 months of Richards' career in Philadelphia- rumour, hearsay and innuendo; at least you have the balls to admit it was Snider who made the trade. But, as usual, just about everyone in Philadelphia who didn't like Richards admits that they know why he was traded but never come out and actually say why. Would that be because it is based on rumour, hearsay and innuendo and not based on facts? We all know the cousin of the brother who's a friend of the aunt who works in the ticket booth (game days only) and is therefore all-knowing of the front office machinations. Good grief!