View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
< New Yorker coming to Boston in peace. I am planning on coming up Memorial Day weekend. We may differ on fandom (Yanks, Rangers, Giants), but I do love the city of Boston. Such an amazing place. Any suggestions on hotels on the cheap? I know that weekend can definitely be very expensive. I'm also planning on going to Fenway (Sox v Rays ... should be a good one) ... any other suggestions for Memorial Day weekend specifically?

Thanks
Many folks head out of town on memorial day weekend to either the cape or points north (VT, NH, ME, etc). Its the "opening" weekend for many that have summer homes or 2nd homes on the water or in the woods, as the weather starts to get nice around then and the kids are pretty much out of school. The city will be relatively quiet as all the college kids have gone home by then, so things will be a bit less crowded (except for Fenway around game times).

No real hotels on the cheap. Parking is the biggest issue if you stay within the city itself. You could also stay in the suburbs and drive in/park for the day or take public transportation. You should figure that out first before you choose where to stay, as much is dependent on that.

TheShoe82 is offline   Reply With Quote