Thread: Speculation: The defense for next year.
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 12:32 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
You have to imagine Carle will get an offer from some team with an AAV around $5 million. I have no desire to bring him back for that kind of money. At this point, I re-sign whichever of Grossman or Kubina impresses the most for the remainder of the season and playoffs. I also think that Gustafsson should have a permanent spot in the top six next season.

Outside of Suter, there are really no defensemen on the FA market who appeal to me (Lidstrom doesn't count, of course). Jason Garrison would obviously be a nice addition, but he's supposedly looking for something in the $4.5M AAV, at least according to the main HF forum. Dennis Wideman's been one of the only bright spots for the Caps, but he, like Carle, will probably demand something in the $5M AAV range. The only name that catches my eye is Carlo Colaiacovo, though even then my interest in him is only lukewarm. He is a third pairing guy who's stayed relatively healthy the past three seasons with the Blues after continuous injury troubles earlier in his career; at $3M AAV or less, I might bite.
yup. and it's going to be from some desperate team. happens every season.

I'll be laughing at whatever team gives Carle the money he doesnt deserve.

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote