Thread: Club Feet
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
hyster110

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt83 View Post
you know I was actually looking at some last night and I am curious to try them on. The problem is my foot isn't very long because of the surgeries breaking the growth plates. I can fit into like a size 5 but I got a 6 for the deeper boot. I was wondering whether the better option would be to get a shorter skate where the boot is too shallow or get one that is an inch or so too long?

P.s. yes my feet look small but I'm only 5'11" 160 so it doesn't look too bad i guess hehe
both are pretty detrimental for skating, a skate to long wont allow your foot to sit right in the boot, while a boot not deep enough will not stand up to good skating.

now i had this same problem, i was a 7.5 skate but my foot was too deep to fit into the skates that size. i had to do custom made skates. they gave me a 7.5 length with the sides of the book a size 9. i also needed extra stiff boots.

i don't recommend this unless its absolutely necessary because all companies will only customize top of the line skates so your looking at spending 800-1000 on skates.

best bet is look at grafs, they have many model and have many different boots, that would be the best bet to find a proper fitting skates at a reasonable price

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote