Old
02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Spin View Post
(I posted this on Friday's GDT)

Re: #19

For what it's worth, my son and I spent the whole game last night, really focused on Johansen's shifts with particular emphasis on his conditioning. As the game moved on, it was clear that this kid is just not in NHL shape. Particularly starting in the mid-point (around 20 seconds of each shift), his crispness and form start really slipping and he really doesn't look like he is up to handling the defensive responsibilities of a second-line center.

You can contrast this to Gilles and Mac who seem to be much more together during all of their 4th line minutes. I know this stings for the kid and those of us with front-line savior hopes for his year, but Richards may be doing the right thing by limiting his time this year and saving us from Bruleing yet another prospect.

I'm not advocating sending him back to junior to play with kids his age, but easing him into the grownup league seems a lot more consistent with where his physical development is today. FWIW
I think this is spot on. I've been singing the same tune since the pre-season. He is capable of amazing play in small spurts but after a while he just kind of trails off - not making egregious mistakes but not being a difference maker either.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote