View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 01:34 PM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Good thread topic.

I also say Wellman over Zucco. MZA has no foot speed to get separation. He's too small to prevail. Only possible scoring MAYBE is shoot out.

Assuming Erixon getting more minutes down at Whale and we agree not yet for Sauer minutes (which I consider open to discussion), as and for a forward,

I prefer, ahead of JAM, who I understand is also smallish, giving St. Croix if available or Bourque -- think he's available --- a shot.

St. Croix has scoring touch.
It's not clear he's got enough else right now. But for 4th line a cup of coffee couldn't hurt.

Obviously, Bourque doesn't have most of Hagelin's ability but does have most of Hagelin's speed. He goes to 4th line and everybody else moves up one. He's smallish too but until he gets run over by somebody, he'd be productive addition, methinks. Not saying he'll execute shots and score, but see set up of scoring chances, and more part of solution than problem.

Can we also think about Yogan?
And if a grinder/fighter goes down, then as a specific replacement McNaught?

Thuresson, Deveaux or Newbury -- not impressed, ditto, and really not impressed.
Sigh.

Why is it that every time you discuss our prospects, you completely ignore things like whether or not the player is under contract, what level the player is playing at and how he is performing at that level?

JAM is on an AHL contract. He isn't going to play for the Rangers this year. St. Croix and Yogan are playing in juniors and are not under contract. The Rangers aren't going to pull them out of juniors, sign them and stick them in the NHL. Bourque is struggling in the AHL. He isn't ready for the NHL.

Oh, and another thing you didn't consider. We are at 49 contracts. Based on what Botta tweeted, that last contract may be saved for Kreider. So that's even more reason they wouldn't sign a player out of juniors and bring him up.

Just knowing their names isn't enough. Do some research before you post this stuff if you want to be taken seriously.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote