Thread: Post-Game Talk: Devils at Rangers
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Wait wait wait.... The advent of 1-piece composite sticks has only added 2-4 mph to shot velocities? How did you come up with that number? Not only are the sticks lighter, but please tell me how the torque and flex on these composite sticks is only adding 2-4 mph to the puck velocities? Did wood sticks bend and torque like this?

So the players are bigger and stronger, using lighter and better form fitting equipment, and are using stick technology that gives them a superior advantage when shooting the puck over players in the past who had utilized wooden sticks, and we want the goalies' pads to be the same size as they were back in the 80's and early 90's?

You want to reduce the goalie pads? Fine, then demand they do away with the composite sticks. Why give the players on the ice technological advances/advantages and then tell the goalie's they're pads are not allowed to have changed over the years and that they're S.O.L.? I've been watching the game since 1991 and at no point in time have I ever felt like the game had gotten too boring and there wasn't enough scoring or excitement. I probably enjoy the game more today than I have at any time in the past. The only time I can ever recall having an issue with a particular goalie's equipment was Garth Snow's ridiculous looking shoulder pads that took away the top portion of the net.

NHL should put restrictions on all equipment (so that they do not increase from current standards) and leave everything else the way it currently is.
I'm not one to usually make this joke, but I find it hysterical that the picture of the Devils player shooting the puck is covered in empty seats.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote