View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 02:01 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
They lost Hamhuis. They lost Radulov. They will probably lose one of Weber/Suter.

Timonen and Hartnell were both going to be lost to free agency. They traded them before they lost the rights for a draft pick that they had already traded to Philly for Forsberg. You could argue they "got an asset" but a late first (one of which they had already traded) for two excellent players is the type of asset management that would be absolutely trashed on here.

Which is pretty much negligible.

They do indeed have a great coach, I would take him any time. But do you honestly for a second believe that he would last as long in Montreal? The same team that has been an utter coach graveyard (mainly due to rabid and demanding fans)?

I don't see any evidence whatsoever to suggest that Nashville's grass is greener. The only thing I see is unrealistic expectations placed on our team, while lenient and kind expectations placed on them.
Radulov is still under contract with them, and chances are that if he ever comes back to the NHL he'll have to play that contract with them, doesnt look like they want to give his rights away...

and even if you count Weber or Suter, that's 2 in about 12 years... in that time span (since they're in the league) we probably wasted a full team, -> and one of the players we gave away is on their 1st line

while they dont have any Datsyuk or Zed on forward, if you look how they're doing things, they're really a different version of the Wings...

they keep the coach and management, they develop their own players and keep them for the most part, they have their own game plan (they dont adjust from game to game, they play THEIR way)...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote