View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
If Gardiner still counts as a prospect, I have him as #1 by far, I think he has a solid shot at becoming a 2-way, top pairing dman. I'd say he's graduated, though.

I'd put Kadri next, he has a very good shot at becoming a 2nd line playmaking forward (probably on the wing, maybe at C), with 1st line upside. Again, borderline graduated though.

After that, I'd say:
- Ashton: next in line, decent shot at becoming a 2nd line PF, and I think he's a near lock to become an NHLer
- Percy: has a bit of Dan Hamhuis in his game, I think he could be real solid for us
- Biggs: he's big and he's mean, won't have to be amazing offensively to be quite a good NHL winger. Will take time to develop though
- Ross/Frattin: around the same, both look like good 3rd liners
- Holzer: looks like a good bottom pairing shutdown/physical dman
- Scrivens/Owuya: both have decent shots to be backups, small shots at being starters
- McKegg: like his game, good hands and a solid hockey IQ, but won't blow you away with high end skill or athleticism. It's hard to say if he has the offensive or defensive game to have much of an impact at the NHL level, but in a best case scenario I can see him filling a sort of Clark MacArthur role
- Colborne: not nearly as high on him as some, I simply don't think he has the skating or hustle to keep up at the NHL level, especially on defense. I think there's a fairly high chance he's a career AHLer who just gets the odd callups

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote