Old
02-28-2012, 02:57 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Personal experiment time!

Im curious what your pre-conceived ideas of the Predators are. How are we seen by other fanbases? Do you still hear quips about our attendance in Montreal and Buffalo? If you bring up the Preds to the average fan in a "traditional market", what response do you get?

Im excited to see how your ideas change!
Habs fans don't ever really have reason to make fun of Nashville, but in general I'm sure you know your attendance is usually target of a lot of jokes, not as much as Phoenix though. Habs fans make fun of TBL/Florida attendance a lot, because the crowd is 95% Habs fans when we play there, two of our unofficial home arenas. Your fanbase's hockey knowledge is usually called into question, mostly because it's hard to explain just how engrained into culture hockey is in not just Montreal, but Canada as a whole, we even make Boston look like they don't care about hockey. But those are unfair claims as I'm sure those who know their hockey are just as knowledgable as passionate Habs fans, as reflected here.

I think most people get the impression that the Preds organization isn't very committed to winning, basically just been floating as first round cannon-fodder for the Wings/Sharks/Hawks and the rest of the high-profile Western teams. But people are starting to get the sense that Nashville is trying to cement themselves as a legitimate threat in the West, not content with the middle-of-the-pack ways on recent history, and so most people view the Preds as a hungry up-and-coming team

I think that's a pretty average view of the Preds from a non-Preds fan POV.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote