View Single Post
Old
02-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Kimmo should have it, but if this is true, I doubt he and Briere have been left out of the loop. If Giroux's the captain, management has certainly discussed it with the leaders of the team.

I'm waiting to see some more proof, though.
I agree with all this. I have no problem with them naming Giroux the captain though (after this year of course in respect to Prongs, I also feel he will be around if we make the playoffs). I don't believe in all the hogwash about our captains never survive and stuff. ( I know its somewhat a joke but still). Giroux is one of the leaders of that locker room no doubt. Two times stick out to me. The first when he was arguing with Pronger. Team is gonna have disputes during the year, and it was good to see a player like Giroux stick up for himself after Pronger ripped him for turnovers. The second is when the Flyers lost the winter classic this year, and the Flyers were waiting to shake hands. Giroux realized they weren't going to and said "**** em let's go" or something close to that. The team follows him and the kid just looks like a born leader. Oh and he trains like crazy to be the best player he can be, so all the players will respect the hell out of him.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote