View Single Post
Old
11-13-2003, 12:40 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I think as of right down we need to play the style we are playing to be competitive. The current team would get slaughtered nightly if they played a run and gun style. We simply don't have the fire power or team speed to do that. In a few years this might change, but as youngsters come up they should first learn the defensive aspects of the game and then if they show the promise of a team that can compete playing an Edmonton type style than I say we go for it.
What I don't understand is why the entire team has to play the same system. Why can one or two lines play a more open style game, while the other two lines play more of a trapping style. The defenseman could be told to adjust as need be.
Good points.......just look at Gaborik and the success of the Wild last season in the playoffs...he did not really play the trap, but she sure dominated offensively. Simply put, we dont have a player close to his skill level. Our first line(being experimented now) needs to be creative .....but them playing the trap will not really help offensively...New Jersey and their first line is a prime example of that this season