View Single Post
Old
11-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins

Did you think we were going to make the playoffs a few years ago when we beat the bruins and made it to the second round? I'll answer that for you...know you didn't.
I knew it would be close. The way Theo was playing, an inspired Gilmour, and an inspirational return of Koivu...

I never expected them to beat Boston, but they did. They played with such fire.

Quote:
You never know what can happen. We are ONE point out of a playoff spot and you're already throwing in the towel on this season? We need more fans like you...
I'm not throwing in the towel, I'm being realistic. Look at the goals per game, and the competition in the East. It's November, and the playoff picture hasn't taken shape yet.

Do I hope they make the playoffs? Of course. But look at the other teams we are battling with:

Ottawa
Jersey
Tampa
Philly
Islanders
Rangers
Boston
Atlanta
Toronto
Buffalo

We may surpass Buffalo, but is this team going to crack the top 8? With the offence we have? The system we are using? The players wearing the CH?

Fans like me? You prefer the ones who predict 150 point seasons from Zednik and Hossa? The ones who plan the parade route, after a single win? If you don't like it, hit the ignore button. Let's just all celebrate our goal scoring ability, the overpaid veterans, and pretend everything is just rosy in Montreal.

I don't know about you, but I expect more from the Canadiens. I don't cheer the boring style, the trap... the lack of character. I expect the team to be proud, and for Gainey to restore some pride after the last five years.

It won't happen overnight, but it certainly will not come about with the cast of misfits littering our lineup.