View Single Post
Old
01-30-2006, 05:33 PM
tulsytrid1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash
missed the first few minutes, but Poile was just on 104.5...

-Looked into Doug Weight but the price was too much.
-didn't want to give up a current pred player for sillinger.
-based on his tone, looks like there will be no major center move in addition to Sillinger (on the Richards/Jokinen level).
-Sillinger was brought in as insurance in case Legwand doesn't come back or reinjures.
-Legwand is skating and could be cleared to play next week, but the team is skittish about knee injuries.
-Legwand coming back will mean more moves involving centers.
-Sillinger's low cost gives them more $ room to get a d-man.
-will be more likely to deal again after olympic break after he sees who comes back healthy.

what i got from the interview was that the "big" move might be for a defenseman rather than center.
Ya I heard that too. Good stuff from the zone. Trotz was on the other "sports talk show". Was asked about Weight. Trotz directed those questions to Poile. Is happy with the trade for Sillinger. Biddle asked Trotz about the Mario retirement. Biddle then asked this question? Are the Predators as an organization happy or frustated with David Legwand?" Trotz stated they were very pleased with Legwand. He mentioned always putting Legwand against the other teams top line ie Modano and said that Leggy shut them down. He also stated that Legwand is only 25 years old. Good to hear that on the radio though I doubt most people didn't hear because who listens to that station anyways?