Thread: PGT: Tank on Habs lose 2-1
View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 01:21 AM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
I never said anything about trading a pick for a short term fix, i said trading a future 1st round pick while there's an illusion of us being absolutely terrible for a top 5-6 pick this year. Everyone thought the senators would be terrible again this year, what happened to them? They got a new coach, karlsson broke out, Spezza started playing with fire and now they are one of the top teams in the east. People fail to realize that there's a ton of parity in this cap based NHL. It takes very little to separate from the 'good' and the 'bad'...it won't take much to turn this mess around, just someone with a brain.
It took a habs GM to figure out that building through the draft is the smartest way. Yet for whatever reason, we have lost that tradition.

We have one of the best head-scouts in the biz currently. Lets let him work with some picks for once.

Selling a pick at the beginning of the season is a buyer favouring move. If we could trade it for someone like Kuznetsov, I might consider it, but Washington will absolutely not bite on the offer.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote