View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
He should win the Norris

- When Green hit 76 points, 2nd place (Keith) had 69 points (7 point differential) and won the Norris. Ovechkin had 109 Points (2nd in NHL), Backstrom had 101 points (4th in NHL), and Semin had 84 points (13th in NHL). Green finished tied for 20th in league scoring.

- When Green hit 73 points, 2nd place (Markov) had 64 points (9 point differential), and Lidstrom won the Norris with 59 points (14 point differential). Ovechkin had 110 points (2nd in NHL), Backstrom 88 points (9th in NHL), and Semin 79 points (18th in NHL). Green finished tied for 28th in league scoring.

Karlsson is on pace for 84 points. 2nd place (Brian Campbell) is on pace for 55 points (29 point differential). Currently they sit at 66 and 43 points (23 point differential). Spezza has 71 points and is 4th in scoring (on pace for 88 points). No other Senator is even close to being top 15 in scoring. Alfredsson is closest at 47 points (tied for 51st). Karlsson currently sits 6th in NHL scoring.

He doesnt hit, because he's a small guy, but he does the "Karlsson-Squeeze" (as per Jason York) which basically forces a guy to the outside, and he steals the puck from them on the boards. It's basically impossible to beat him on the outside, and he never lets you get to the middle.

He is number one in Takeaways by a Dman (13th in entire NHL), and has been on the ice for more than HALF of the teams total goals for.

He is not as bad defensively as people think either. He's actually good most of the time. He's still 21 years old, so yeah, sometimes he has a brain cramp, but honestly, most of those times, he more than makes up for it anyways.

EDIT:
As for his upcoming contract, he is very humble guy. Obviously I dont know him personally, but from Interviews, celebrations, reactions, etc... he honestly seems happy to just be in the NHL. I'm not saying the guy is gonna take 2 million for 5 years, but I really doubt he asks for Doughty money.
I'm thinking at least 5 million per season, but no more than 6.5 - I think 6 million for 5 seasons is something that sounds reasonable, that I would be very happy with as a sens fan.

Last edited by Kevin8se7en: 02-29-2012 at 02:42 AM.