View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 05:45 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failing Hands View Post
I know it's early, but can the Habs make a run at Zach Parise in the offseason? He'd be that legit #1 C we're looking for. I know he's a winger, but he has played C before and could very well fill that void IMO. If we buy out Gomez or send him to the minors, we could definitely make a decent offer for him. I don't see NJ resigning him with the ownership issues they're having and such.

Now here are the approximate numbers:

As of now, we have 9M in cap space, but with all the free agents this offseason, we're going to have approx. 23M in cap space. Buying out Gomez or ensuring he's in the minors would bump the cap space up to around 30M+. Habs would need to resign (IMO) Price, Subban, Moen, Emelin, Diaz, Eller and White (if I'm forgetting a key asset, please correct me cause I'm doing this off the top of my head). Now, I feel like despite the number of players we still need to resign, Parise still remains in the cards. Don't forget, Parise's Dad does have a French Canadian background, which may influence his decision to become a Hab

What do you guys think? Should the Habs make a run at him or are there other more important positions we need to fill before thinking about Parise?
Draft Galchenyuk and sign Parise give us the other offensive line we serious need.

Maybe allows us to trade Plekanec for another pick to select another top draftee?? I love having a blue chip in the farm system. Forsberg? Reinhart? Faksa? Gaunce? I haven't decided which one for sure yet though.

Then sign Gaustad? We need size and face off guy down the middle. Even leaves a little cap room to trade for that missing piece late next season.

See....I have it all planned out

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote