View Single Post
Old
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
How are we different than any other team? Philly was talking about trading Bryzgalov already. Zdlicky is a good example. PLayers like Rolston, Gomez, Havlat were all traded / dumped for underperforming.

I'm just curious why the fans here seems to feel sorry for themselves all the time and assume everything we do and have is worse than everybody else? Maybe we should just watch the games when they're on and not spend too much time overnanalyzing why we saw PK giving Plek the stink eye during the last 5 minutes of practice.

The only thing that really matters is winning. If we brought a young, skilled core to this team, that will draw free agents. Great hockey city, great city to live and amazing tradition. All we need is more top end talent.
Well if you look at history, until Gainey's big splash the Habs weren't able to land any big name UFA's, and now that we stink one would think it won't be easy to attract UFA's until we no longer stink. So not sure why you would be surprised that fans are down as this is likely the worst season I have ever seen the Habs have so when you have a huge, rabid, bi-polar fan base I wouldn't expect anything different.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote